The CPA exam tests are some of the most difficult tests there is. It is essential that you know how to prepare well for it so that you can pass the exam with flying colors. The tips found below will all help you to prepare for the exam so that you can be kept motivated and focused on reviewing.
1. A little bit at a time – To be able to study for the CPA exam, you have to take things slowly. You should be able to take a few topics at a time each day rather than to study a lot of things all at once and cram it inside your brain. You would be able to retain more of the information once you continuously review certain topics each day. This helps your brain to stay fresh and not overwhelmed with all that you need to know.
2. Log-off on social media sites – Social media sites are like vacuums that suck you in even if you just intend to check something for a while. You might plan to check your messages or your feed for a few minutes and end up being sucked in it for hours. Clearly, they are distractions that you should avoid so simply turn off your phone or notifications so that you don’t get tempted to be connected to the social media. Remember that being updated to the latest celebrity news wouldn’t help with your exam.
3. Try out an audio course – Aside from reading your books, you can also try a different method of reviewing like listening to it. There are downloadable audio courses that you can listen to and you can use these while you are on your commute. Some people just can’t study in a moving vehicle and this is the perfect alternative for that. This would help you not waste any time. You can also do this while you work out, jog outside for some fresh air, do your laundry or any other household chores, and many other activities.
4. Have a break – It is important that you also give time for your brain to take a break. You can schedule a day in a week to take a rest from your review sessions. In this way, you still get to enjoy what you want to do aside from reviewing. You can go out and watch a movie, go shopping or just do things that will help you feel recharged and ready to review some more.
5. The reason for taking the exam – First you need to figure out why you want to pass the exam. This reason will help push you to keep on reviewing even if you feel tired or not motivated already. You need to write this down and place it in an place where you see it all the time. You might also want to place it in various areas so that you can see it and be reminded of it every time you feel like giving up on reviewing already.